Salt Lake Community College is a public community college and Utah’s largest college with the most diverse student body. SLCC is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Today many students & teachers want to learn about SLCC Canvas and Canvas SLCC Login & learning guide.
So, we have created this step by step guide to learn Salt Lake Community College e-Learning system.
- What is Salt Lake Community College Canvas Learning
- Why SLCC Canvas learning is important
- Canvas Learning Process
- How to Login into SLCC Canvas?
- Canvas Login & Learn Quick Guide for SLCC
- What you can get as a result
- Canvas SLCC 2019 Update
- Canvas basic guide for new students
- Admin Guide to Salt Lake Community College Canvas
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas SLCC Video Tutorial
- About Salt Lake Community College
- People’s questions
- Salt Lake Community College Canvas Reviews
What is SLCC Canvas
Salt Lake Community College uses Canvas as its learning management system (LMS). Canvas system to manage course content and materials, and require all their faculty to use Canvas in one for or another.
There are a number of resources and services are include in a canvas that help to faculty can easy to teaching and students can easy to learning.
Canvas LMS is a secure web-based host for all course materials for student access. Canvas provides a some of the tools and features like a gradebook, discussion forums, web conferencing, quizzing, announcements, messaging, speedgrader, syllabus, calendar, and much more.
Students access Canvas for the syllabus, create & manage profile, instructor contact info, assignment details, online discussions, grades, due dates, auto-graded quizzes, inbox email, assignment feedback, and to submit assignments online.
For teachers, there are many helpful features at Canvas like Course creation, Grading System, Assignments and Quizzes, Training Tools, Communication and Collaboration.
Why Canvas SLCC e Learning is important for students & teachers?
Canvas SLCC’s learning is important because it simplify the teaching and learning by connecting all the digital tools teachers use in one easy place. Salt Lake Community College Canvas is working as platform between students and teachers to build the easy to use communication system.
Canvas SLCC provide many great core functionalities like Profile, Collaborations, Discussions, Assignments and Quizzes, Calendar, File Sharing, Grades etc.
SLCC Canvas help student finding the Course content and also help to find links to video lectures, assignments quizzes discussion and grades.
Also the canvas student mobile app allows students to quickly and easily access courses on mobile devices.
Student Benefits of SLCC Canvas
- Student can Easy to Learn
- Access courses from anywhere & anytime
- Sharing documents and hosting discussions all within the LMS
- Course Access and Grade Reporting
- Make advanced content more accessible
- Create learning communities within your classroom
- Calendar helps students stay organized, displaying assignments and due dates across all active courses.
- Quiz Statistics in Large Courses
SLCC Canvas Learning Process
I hope you understood the importance of both Salt Lake Community College & their Canvas Online Learning System from the information provided above.
You must have a Salt Lake Community College Electronic Identification (SLCC EID) username and permanent password to access courses online.
The main process is described in following four steps.
- First, you have to create new SLCC Account (MySLCC) at University.
- Login with your SLCC Username & Password.
- As soon as you register for classes you will automatically be added to your courses in Canvas
- Access Canvas Dashboard with all features.
How to Login into SLCC Canvas?
After getting SLCC Username & Password at Salt Lake Community College MySLCC Portal, Now it’s time to login at Canvas SLCC. If you want to access all features like to view their course schedule, access their courses, and contact their instructors & other programs.
Here is the step by step guide to SLCC Canvas login, follow it and enjoy great experience.
1. Canvas Login through website in browser
Canvas is now Salt Lake Community College’ official Learning Management System (LMS). If you are taking an online class or a class with an online component, you will have access to log into SLCC Canvas account.
Follow this process to login into SLCC Canvas.
- From the SLCC home page, hover your cursor over MY SLCC.
- From the drop-down menu, select Canvas.
- Or Navigate to the slcc.instructure.com to access main page of SLCC Canvas.
- In the first “User Name” field, enter your MySLCC username.
- In the “Password” field, enter your MySLCC password.
- Next, click Sign-In to the right.
- After successful logging into Canvas, you will be taken to your “Canvas Dashboard,” where you can view your course schedule, access your courses, and contact your instructors.
If you need more help regarding SLCC Canvas Login Help or forgot your password, reset your password by going to authp.slcc.edu page and provide the required details like SLCC Username, Verify identity & validation code.
After Successful login, users can do following
- View Conversation Messages
- Fill & View your Profile
- Assess incremental learning
- View your Courses and Groups
- Check out Course Notifications
- View your To-Do list
- Conduct peer reviews and track feedback
2. Access SLCC Canvas from a mobile device
The Canvas SLCC app will simplify your learning and teaching needs by allowing you access your classes from anywhere. Nowadays you do not need to be in the front of your computer to interact with your program.
Canvas provides two mobile apps and which app one uses depends upon if you’re accessing a course as a student or as a teacher.
To access SLCC Canvas from mobile device, simply follow this instructions.
- Go to the IOS App Store or Android Play Store and download the “Canvas Teacher by Instructure” and/or the “Canvas Student by Instructure” app.
- After installing the app, open the Canvas Mobile.
- Once you have opened the app, you will be presented with a page to search for your school. Tap Find Your School or District.
- Enter “Salt Lake Community College” or “SLCC” and hit the arrow to continue. This will take you to WebAccess, where you will log in with your SLCC Username & Password Credentials.
- After logging in, you will be presented with your list of courses.
- You can also access Canvas using a mobile browser on your iOS or Android device.
- That’s done, now you can access canvas dashboard with all futures.
The Canvas app will let you get the majority of the features on your Canvas classes, but navigation onto a mobile device is somewhat different in contrast to navigation onto a pc.
What you can get after login at Salt Lake Community College Canvas online learning system
- Check your grades, and information about your courses
- Online & Continuing Education Login
- View your Profile
- Foster collaboration among your students
- View your To-Do list
- Can create a group discussion
- Online Course Listing
- Post in course discussion boards
- View notification badges based on course updates and school announcements
- Student ability to use Canvas on a smartphone or tablet was a significant advantage.
- Canvas Support Re-Grading Question Types
- Create learning communities within your classroom
SLCC Canvas 2019 Update
Instructor keep their canvas learning system up to date with new features & resources. Canvas is updated every three weeks with new features and updates. All new features or enhancements are first analyzed in a test environment, before they are launched in a production environment.
In Canvas, Specific changes are announced the week before in the Production Release notes. Follow these update at https://community.canvaslms.com/community/answers/releases
SLCC Canvas Support
If you having any problem regarding Canvas SLCC, Report a problem or ask a question, contact the SLCC Service Desk.
Canvas basic guide for new students
If you are new to SLCC Canvas, this is best starting point to learn canvas. If you read carefully and learn, this should be your best source of learning canvas.
For more information about Canvas Click on below link,
About Salt Lake Community College (SLCC)
Salt Lake Community College is Utah’s largest Faculty in Salt Lake County, Utah. It serves more than 60,000 students on 10 campuses and with online courses.
This really is a place where high school graduates may take their first step to higher education and after transfer to a 4-year college, and where pupils can learn instruction and expertise to take them directly into the workforce.
SLCC has open registration and serves the local community, with roughly 95 percent of their student body believed Utah residents.
Salt Lake Community College Contact Support
SLCC Online Support Center: 801-957-5125
24/7 Canvas Support: 801-957-5125 or
Toll-free student support: 1-844-334-0397
Toll-free faculty and staff support: 1-833-250-2077
SLCC Technical HelpDesk: 801-957-5555
SLCC Online Testing Center: 801-957-4482
Enrollment Info: 801-957-4073
People’s questions about Salt Lake Community College & Canvas
How do I get started using Canvas?
Students access Canvas for your syllabus, grades, teacher contact info, inbox email, assignment details, due dates, auto-graded quizzes, online conversations, assignment feedback, and to submit assignments online.
When can I access my online Course?
Each course for which you are enrolled should be available in Canvas on the first day of class (see SLCC’s Academic Calendar for a schedule). If you don’t find the course on the first day of course, email your teacher. The instructor should publish the path to make it visible to students.
Some educators may decide to take a course (or at least a syllabus) available before the first day of class.
How do I know when my online class begins?
Online classes are available on or before the first day of the term in which the course is connected with. Most courses are connected to the entire (16-week term), but might be associated with shorter parts of terms (1st half or 2nd half 8-week conditions ). To learn which term(s) your online class(es) are assigned, you can check your class schedule from the MySLCC account.
- Log in to MySLCC.
- Select the Student tab.
- In the top-left corner, under the Student Portal, select Student Detail Schedule or Student Schedule by Day and Time.
That’s done. Hope you enjoyed it.
In this post, I try to get you some genuine information about SLCC Canvas login & learning procedure. If you have any query or suggestions in mind, Speak your mind using following review form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
- UCSC Canvas Learning Guide
- UW Canvas Learning Step by Step
- UF Canvas Login & Learning
- Learning Guide to Umich Canvas
Salt Lake Community College Reviews
Submit your review